There is a lot to take in during the engineering show of the year with activities taking place for 11 hours or more a day. Review this guide to help you get the most out of your time at Cable-Tec Expo. Our best advice is to have a plan, and have fun.
Registration, Housing & Travel
Philadelphia, The City of Brotherly Love, is the host city for the 2016 engineering event of the year. Cable-Tec Expo 2016 will take place Monday through Thursday, September 26-29. SCTE/ISBE will offer a variety of registration types at discounted rates for a limited time. To ensure you receive the greatest discounts, register early and become an SCTE/ISBE member (You can join SCTE/ISBE for just $75). Area hotels in the official Cable-Tec Expo room block will sell out. Be sure to make you hotel arrangements early for the best chance of getting your preferred hotel.
General business casual attire is acceptable and comfortable shoes are a must! Please keep in mind that meeting rooms can often be chilly so a sweater or jacket may be necessary. For any networking activities outside, please keep in mind the weather forecast for Philadelphia.
Your badge is your ticket to admission; please make sure that it is visible at all time son the exhibit floor, in workshops, and at all official Cable-Tec Expo events. This includes Expo Evening!
The Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau will be stationed near the registration area in the convention center. Stop by the Broad Street Atrium for assistance on tours, restaurant reservations, and more. Learn more here.
In some cases you may need to justify your attendance at the engineering event of the year. The Cable-Tec Expo justification toolkit is an available resource with valuable information, a customizable justification letter template and tips to get you started on justifying your attendance at this year’s event.
Live Cable Challenge Events
Two live cable challenge events will take place during Cable-Tec Expo. The ever-popular IP Challenge and International Cable-Tec Games features contestants facing-off in a series of cable-related activities and questions to see who will become this year’s respective champions. Both events are open to all attendees and we welcome you to cheer on your fellow industry colleagues!
IP Challenge: Monday, September 26th, 2016
International Cable-Tec Games: Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
First Time Attendees FAQs
Do I have to be an SCTE member to attend Cable-Tec Expo?
SCTE membership is not required for admission; however SCTE members receive additional savings on their registration fee. If you are not a member, you may join at time of registration and receive the discounted member-advantage rate.
When can I access the exhibit hall?
Access to the exhibits is available for three days per the following schedule:
Tuesday, September 27th from 1:00 PM — 6:00 PM
Wednesday, September 28th from 11:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Thursday, September 29th from 9:00 AM — 1:00 PM
When are the technical workshops offered?
The technical workshops are offered at scheduled times on Monday – Thursday September 26th through the 29th. The workshops schedule is accessible by topic, track, date and title. Workshops are groups into tracks to help you identify those most pertinent to your job function. There will also be three intensive Boot Camps taking place Sunday, September 25th and Monday September 26th which will cover the topics of DOCSIS 3.1, FTTX, and Wireless. Boot Camps require separate registration
How will I know where the sessions, workshops and all other Expo activities are located?
Prior to arriving in Philadelphia, be sure to download our mobile app which will be available early August. The official app contains the schedule of events, workshop details, room locations, maps and other important information. In addition, the Cable-Tec Expo Program Guide is available at registration, directional signs will be located in the corridors of the convention center and an information desk attendant will be located at registration and is available to offer additional assistance.
When will I receive my badge?
Your badge is your admission ticket. Badges may be picked up at registration beginning Monday, September 26th. Badges will not be mailed. Upon registering for the event you will receive a registration confirmation email. A few days prior to the event you will receive a reminder confirmation. Print out the confirmation with the registration barcode and bring it with you to Express Registration to cut down on your wait time.
- Check out the schedule of events (insert link to workshops) before you book your flights to ensure you are timing your arrival and departure appropriately as not to miss any valuable Cable-Tec Expo events. It is recommended that you schedule departures for after 3pm so that you are able to participate in all of the planned events.
- Please check back often as the schedule will often we adjusted as schedule of events is subject to change.
- Dates are Monday, September 26th – Thursday, September 29th
- Download the mobile app! The Cable-Tec Expo 2016 mobile app will become available in August. Be sure to download the app prior to leaving for the event so you have all information in the palm of your hand.
- Plan ahead to attend ethe technical workshops that most interest you. Cable-Tec Expo offers multiple technical workshops simultaneously that you’ll wish you could be in two places at once. Chose the workshops that you can most benefit from.
- Bring business cards. With all the networking opportunities at Cable-Tec Expo, you’ll be sure to expand your personal and professional network.
- Get engaged using social media. Tweet, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram to your hearts content using #CableTecExpo.